Tuesday, December 19, 2006

School vacation is coming

Here in Egypt our Eid vacation starts on Friday, December 22 for two weeks. Alhamdulillah. We will return to school on January 8th, and then be at school for three weeks - two weeks of review (or 'revision' as Egyptians call it) and one week of exams. After the exam week we will have our winter vacation break for two weeks, I believe. This ought to take us into the first week in February. At least this is how I understand it as of today.

Mira has been fighting some type of virus so I was out of school Sunday and Monday. I returned today and found my desk exactly as I left it - a complete mess. If you were to see my home it is spotless. But work is a different story. Too much work and not enough time -- oh yes, and only one of me.

While I was home taking care of Mira I was re-thinking my resignation from school. I thought how wonderful it would be to be home all day, not to worry about what to wear (although I like dressing nicely - it makes me feel good), what to complete at school, etc. I also thought about quilting, sewing, and even crocheting at this point. But then I thought about my lack of contact with adults. I can count a few friends I can trust completely, I mean completely at school, and I would miss them dearly. So I returned today ready to pick up where I left off a few days ago, trudging ahead with my hip boots strapped high, trying to avoid all the "road apples" that fall in my path.

I have been able to avoid my problem from last year. He comes around in the morning, and while I see him in the hallways, I always try to avoid him by looking in another direction or by ducking in a safe classroom. I've even been able to learn how to hide from him.

Ma'salaam,

~Marian

No comments: