Saturday, February 03, 2007

Week #1 in the US - A Summary

We arrived safely, Alhamdulillah. The next day or two were spent trying to recover from the flight. To help us recover, we went shopping! Of course the first thing I bought was a pair of jeans.

On the first Sunday, we visited my one brother, Tom and his family and had a nice visit. I saw my Dad and stepmom there for a short visit. It was a wonderful day spent with Tom and his family; catching up on the past two years is quite challenging.

Back to shopping. We are hitting the sales in the US at the perfect time of year. The winter clothes in the US are all on clearance right now so we're getting great quality clothes for a steal. Of course I don't feel guilty about it at all. While trying on clothes I found that I dropped at least 4 sizes, maybe more. This thrills me beyond belief because I have many more choices when it comes to clothes.

I'm just about finished with clothes, although I'll still keep my eyes out for great prices.

My list of things to take back to Cairo is getting smaller.

Mira got a lot of clothes so far and wants to spend too much money. I keep reminding her that these are US dollars we're spending and not Egyptian pounds. I think we're breaking Hassan's bank account.

Because of the changing situation in Hassan's office, it appears that he will be staying until June, at the very least. He has already proposed that we return for the summer if he stays longer. Hmm, I will have to wait and see. The Mediterranean is calling me for July . . . .

I haven't had a chance to get online too much. This is only my second chance in 5 days.

Beginning tomorrow, Mira and I are going to western PA to stay with Maggie's Mom for a week.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers for our safe trip.

I am still adjusting to the being here, away from the warm Egyptian winter sun. It is just too cold here to do anything.

Ma'salaam,

~Marian

No comments: