Saturday, March 10, 2007

More Photos from America

My nieces and nephews with Mira from left to right: Kelsey, Frances, Peter on Frances' lap, Mira, Andrew, Maggie on Andrew's lap. Kelsey, Frances and Andrew are very talented teenagers -- Kelsey is into sports, especially basketball, Frances is a swimminer and Andrew is a musician.

Hassan took this photo of Mira and me outside of Dunkin Donuts. It was absolutely freezing but we managed to make our way to Aspen Hill. Can you believe we only ate there once while in the US?! I attribute my ongoing weight loss to the inability to access Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks -- just too much fat! I refuse to eat fast food in Egypt and I refuse to buy Starbucks Frappuccinos - one Frappuccino everyday for one week resulted in 5 lb. weight gain while living in the US. How long did it take me to realize this? By the time I realized it, I was addicted. And by the way, "light" Frappuccinos don't count - they're still chalked full of fat.


Mira, Hassan, and our friend Stoney in the ROC. Stoney has been a constant source of support to us while Hassan is in the US. He is planning on retiring sometime this spring -- don't put it off too long Stoney.
My stepmom Bonnie, Maggie, and my Dad. Just an adorable picture.


Maggie's and Mira's Dance Party in PA.

The week we spent at Elaine's house: Elaine, her daughter Maggie ( 3 y/o), me (Mira took the photo -- Great job Mirabell!)


Pictured above from left to right are my brothers, sisters, and father: Elaine (#5), Laura (#4), Jim (#1 and don't let it go to your head, Jim :) ), Dad, Me (#3-yes, middle child), Tom (#2)


Somehow I didn't get a picture of Missy -- where are you?! If someone can send me a photo of Missy - Tom's wife, I will post it -- I promise!

Ma'salaam,

~Marian













No comments: